Re: Hanging system

From: cbaker@GOODYEAR.COM
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 17:09:23 EDT

IT is FIXED - Thanks folks.

We upgraded the firmware on our network switch cards this past weekend. The settings on this and one of the nfs servers' port were
reentered wrong.

Back to Auto-negotiate at both the network port and the two RS/6000 and all is GREAT again.

Thanks once more.

Christopher M. Baker
Senior Technical Support Analyst
DSE/TCO
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
May not be copied or disseminated without the expressed
written consent of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.

                      John Jolet
                      <john.jolet@FXFN To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      .COM> cc: (bcc: Chris Baker/NA/GDYR)
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: Hanging system
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton
                      .EDU>

                      04/15/04 04:20
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

if you can check the switch port he's on, make sure it agrees in terms
of speed/duplex with what the aix box thinks it's set to. you can check
on the switch for errors, as well.