Re: Send these escape codes to a Printronix P5000 series line pri nter

From: Renison, Rick (rick.renison@EDS.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 22:00:10 EDT

I looked at the file in hex. It appears to be a file that contains multiple
formats, including I2/5, 128, code 93, UPC-A PDF-217 (2D), etc.
The file does begin with ASCII "UPC-E\r\n" followed by escape (0x1b) (which
is NOT the escape sequence for code 39). This text, on your printout
indicates that the printer is not in the proper escape (Epson) mode.

I do see some text that indicates code 39, but does not include the start
and stop characters (character "*"/splat) in normal code 39 barcodes.

Another observation - the file uses x0d0a (\r\n) for delimiters. Does the
AIX setup reflect this, or just 0A for LF.

Hope this helps.

Rick Renison, EDS Canada, DuSC, Oshawa, Ontario
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
* mailto:rick.renison@eds.com <mailto:rick.renison@eds.com>