Re: [Q] How to setup NTP client under 4.3.3?

From: Ignacio J. Vidal (ijvidal@sinectis.com.ar)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 09:35:38 EDT

Hello:
Here are some tips that could be useful...

> I tried to get the daemon running under AIX 5.2, but it won't start.
Have you tried to compile www.ntp.org distribution of ntp4.2.0?
I've installed it some weeks ago and it works (really) fine (and
interoperates whith xntp and later versions of ntp, and also with windows
time services -it supports sntp-)

> There's no place like 127.0.0.1
It's used when you synchronize your system clock to a "clock" attached to
the server (in that case it's an ip address of the form
[127|128].xxx.xxx.xxx), or when you user your system hardware clock for
setting the operating system clock.

You can check www.ntp.org or http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp
Hope this helps

Regards