Re: move SAN disks to move LPAR

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 11:30:32 EDT

Dieter, that sounds like a nice, clean solution to me! You should probably
take a look at stopping the SAN agent software running on the p650 before
moving the fibre over. I have had poor luck with reconnections on my EMC
SAN while the agent is up and running bc I asssumed a simple restart of the
agent would work. Then after swapping the cables over, start your agent up.
In my experience, if you still can't see the volumes after starting the
agent and running cfgmgr, even though your node has registered with the
arrray, a reboot is the fix everytime. (Is this AIX or winblows?) =)

If it were me, I would first zone the 650 to the SAN, add a couple volumes,
cfgmgr them, and verify that I can indeed see the SAN correctly. Assuming
that goes well (which means everything is in order device driver wise for
your HBA) you should have no problems moving forward with switching the
cables over and changing the ww names for your new HBA(s).

Please post your results back to us! =)

Bobby Kelley Jr.
972-877-5341

| | Jason delaFuente |