Re: Need help with simple scripting using rcp

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 11:37:25 EDT

I don't think tar accepts stdin for a list of files to archive.
However, pax does.

find ... | pax -wvf - | rsh H50 pax -rvf -

Transferring files with rsh is not necessarily the best way, depending on
the volume of data and your network. You _could_ transfer 20GB of data over
a 10Mb ethernet, but I wouldn't advise it.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe