Re: AIX 5.1 and 5.2 compatibility with newer hardware question

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 04:34:55 EDT

5.1 is fine. 5.2 allows you to use Dynamic LPAR on the Regattas, which is
handy. (You can add or remove processors and memory to a partition without
having to stop it - if the application supports that.)

Earlier there was a problem that support for 5.1 wasn't going to last very
long - end of this year,k or something stupid like that. I think it's been
extended now until 2007.

If you have a choice of 5.1 or 5.2 I would probably recommend going to 5.2
but if you have application dependencies which would prevent that then 5.1
will do you for a few years.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
<https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html>
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
<http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX>
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.