AIX vs. Linux

From: Vesna Vranesic (vesna.vranesic@RZB.AT)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 08:11:07 EDT

Hi everyone,

I am doing a kind of list AIX vs. Linux running on both pSeries and
(especially) xSeries. It's about
possibilities for business usage of Linux in our company. Our management
would like to
achieve some cost savings through migrating some applications from AIX to
Linux, or/and ...

After looking a round I still haven't got a clear picture. (Except that the
IBM does great advertising
in this field. But that's another story.) I guess many of you have been
confronted with the same
question. Any experience with this theme to share, opinions or suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao
Vesna