Recommended FC Switches

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 10:06:56 EDT

We need to buy one or two small Fibre Channel switches and I'm interested to
hear what equipment other people are using, and your opinions of it.

The requirement is for a single 8-port switch, (I'd rather have two, for
availability, but I'm on a tight budget). It will be used to connect a 3584
tape library with six tape drives to one SP-attached p660-6H1 with two 6228
FC adapters. I'd prefer something that can run at 2GB/s, since the adapters
support that, but don't actually need that.

N.B. Resellers should take special note of my signature, below! I am not
seeking quotes.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe