Re: AIX users

From: Ignacio J. Vidal (ijvidal@sinectis.com.ar)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 18:09:30 EDT

Kevin:
Thanks for the info about the redbook.
I'll check it for imnadm.

Talking about invscout: this is the user for a daemon related to "inventory
scouting".
This service checks in the web if there are new hardware microcode updates
for the system it runs on, I found some info at IBM's web site.

People working on security had asked about those users, this is why I've
asked (usually they don't use AIX every day... and I havent ever questioned
the existence of this users).

Well, thanks again

Ignacio