DCE Client

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 09:37:11 EDT

Admins,

I'm trying to install the DCE Client software on some of my AIX boxes
(4.3.3)

I pulled out the original AIX V4.3.3 CD's, ran smitty install_latest and
picked four of the DCE filesets:

dce.client.core.rte 2.1.0.29
dce.client.core.rte 2.2.0.6
dce.client.core.rte.admin 2.1.0.26
dce.client.core.rte.admin 2.2.0.6

I ran the install in preview mode and was told I was missing the following
requisite filesets:

dce.client.core.rte 2.1.0.0
dce.client.core.rte 2.2.0.0
dce.client.core.rte.admin 2.1.0.0
dce.client.core.rte.admin 2.2.0.0

which are "not on the installation media".

Well, I'm installing from the base OS media set. If the filesets are not on
these CD's, where are they? Hopefully the DCE client software is not a
separate licensed product!

Does anyone know how I go about getting the DCE client software installed?

TIA

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-;&r=1&w=2