oracle 8i database

From: justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 10:32:43 EDT

My AIX O/S package came with Oracle 8i database a trial version. Does
anyone have any documentation on how to install it, and how to configure a
little database for testing purposes I want to test tsm backing it up
actually. I got as far as mounting the cdrom, running root.sh script and
going through the gui installation of Oracle, my questions are once
installed how do I create and start a database instance then how would I
setup a sample table and start inserting data into it and test backing it
up. My problems are after installation I don't know what
application(command) to use to log into Oracle I'm guessing SQL, and at
that point what default user and password id's do I use to log on and start
manually creating tables and inserting data. I have all these Oracle dba
books detailing what commands to use to create, alter users, and create and
alter tables but what command do I execute from AIX to start the instance
and what commands do I use to create these tables.?. Any help would be
appreciated.

--Justin Richard Bleistein