Re: Strange System Hangs (7248 4.3.3 ML0 and DB2 7.1.0)

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 03:22:50 EDT

>From your post, I guess that the system just hangs, rather than actually
crashing, (LED 888).

If you were at the base level AIX 4.3.3, before attempting to apply ML10,
then I think that you're missing a fix for paging, which can cause your page
spaces - even hd6 - to become inactive. Something like DB2 is likely to use
paging space, which might trigger it. ML10 would include the fix, I assume,
but perhaps the install is causing the system to hang before it's applied.

If this _is_ the problem, the fix should have been supplied along with AIX
on a separate CD. It's been mentioned in the archives before, so a search
should give you the PTF number.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe