AIX: Not on Itanium 2?

From: Drew (apt@DCS-SUCCESS.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 14:07:35 EDT

Hello Everyone, I am quoting from The new eWeek (Just arrived on my desk),
volume 19, number27, page 12, second column, first paragraph.

"Dell's decision is another example of the wavering support for Intel's
64-bit processor. Previously, IBM shelved plans to port an upcoming version
of its proprietary AIX operating system to the chip. IBM will offer Itanium
2 systems with only Linux and Microsoft's Corp. software, virtually assuring
that its major financial and government customers will buy 64-bit systems
using IBM's Power chips."

Does anyone else have any information on this?

Thanks in Advance,

Drew