Re: IBM 6230 SSA Adapter DRAM

From: Raj Atwal (tatwal@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 13:29:16 EDT

According to the technical reference guide for that
adapter, increasing the DRAM from 64MB to 128MB on a
RS/6000 or SP makes available "support for full 32mb
write cache in a 2-way cluster".

So I guess you should see some performance gain,
although how much I am unsure.

--- "Green, Simon" <SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM> wrote:
> What is the effect of increasing DRAM on the 6230
> from 64 to 128MB?
>
> This will be in an HACMP cluster with six adapters
> in each server and twelve
> separate loops, (so one adapter from each server in
> each loop).
>
> We'll also be getting fast-write cache.
>
> Simon Green
> Philip Morris ITSC Europe
>
> AIX-L Archive at
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2
> AIX FAQ at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/
>
> N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will seldom be
appreciated.

=====
Raj Atwal
Senior Systems Consultant