Re: Forcing a password change

From: Drew (apt@DCS-SUCCESS.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 11:00:01 EDT

I agree with Bill,
System impact was my first thought as well. You will be writing to the same
file (/etc/security/passwd) for each user logging in, all within a few
moments of each other. It is my nature to be very careful so I would include
backing up this file along with /etc/passwd in my script just in case of the
highly unlikely even that you may need an immediate fix.

Drew