Re: LDAP Authentication for AIX 4.3.3?

From: Jolet, John (John.Jolet@MISYSHEALTHCARE.COM)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 09:36:54 EDT

There is information, but it's mostly geared toward using ibm's secureway
service... There is some docs in the online 4.3.3 docs about using the aix
schema with openldap, i didn't see if there was anything in there about the
netscape. Either way, you'll have to have an add/modify process that adds
in the ibm schema objectClass...i haven't looked at it...with luck, it uses
the same password field as posixUser....assuming you're using crypt as your
encryption method...i don't think aix supports md5, at least not at 4.3.3.