Re-configuring SP2 Attached Server

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 06:43:02 EDT

I have an SP2 with three "normal" frames and four attached servers. The
attached servers (and CWS) are PSSP 3.2; some of the other nodes are 3.2,
some are 3.1.1.

I wish to reconfigure one of the attached servers' network adapters,
including en0. The server is the first of the four. i.e. They're frames 6,
7, 8 and 9 and I want to change frame 6, (node 81).

Current:-
en0 167.149.96.147 baup121e
tr0 193.222.152.37 baup121
Initial Hostname: baup121e (en0)

Target:-
en0 167.149.96.147 baspa21e
tr0 193.222.152.37 baup121e
Initial Hostname: baup121e (tr0)

Note that IP addresses and subnets don't change; just the aliases.

Normally, I'd do this by doing an spdelnode; update SDR and then add it back
in. (I've done this on normal nodes in the past without difficulty.) For
an SP attached server, I'd have to use spdelfram to achieve the same thing.
However, since there are higher-numbered frames, I believe that I cannot do
this.

Can anybody tell me how I can do this without impacting frames 7-9? Is it
actually safe to just do an "spdelfram 6 1"? IBM recommend against it, but
I can't see why it would be a problem with attached servers.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe