Re: SAN question

From: Vincent D'Antonio (Vincent.D'Antonio@BISYS.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 08:07:07 EDT

thanks for the info:

Does anyone have a good DOC or web link for supporting a SAN that would
ease the fears the DBA's and management has about a central SAN?
or any support argument that I can draft would be great also.

thanks to a great group.
Vince

*******PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS AND PHONE************

Vincent D'Antonio
Unix Systems Engineer
Bisys Retirement Services
200 Dryden Road
Dresher, PA 19025

phone: 215-648-8284
fax: 215-648-4888
e-mail: Vincent.D'Antonio@bisys.com

                    "Green, Simon"
                    <SGreen@krafte To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    urope.com> cc:
                    Sent by: IBM Subject: Re: SAN question
                    AIX Discussion
                    List
                    <aix-l@Princet
                    on.EDU>

                    06/26/2002
                    05:37 AM
                    Please respond
                    to IBM AIX
                    Discussion
                    List

We have *many* production, development and testing systems, all using the
same big RAID boxes, attached through the SAN. Your DBA is worrying
needlessly, (like DBAs do).

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe