Re: SAN question

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 17:40:03 EDT

Goto to the ibm Redbooks website:

http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/portals/

and search on SAN. Lots of good stuff.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent D'Antonio [mailto:Vincent.D'Antonio@BISYS.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 5:07 AM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: Re: [aix-l] SAN question

thanks for the info:

Does anyone have a good DOC or web link for supporting a SAN that would
ease the fears the DBA's and management has about a central SAN?
or any support argument that I can draft would be great also.

thanks to a great group.
Vince

*******PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS AND PHONE************
-----------------------------

Vincent D'Antonio
Unix Systems Engineer
Bisys Retirement Services
200 Dryden Road
Dresher, PA 19025

phone: 215-648-8284
fax: 215-648-4888
e-mail: Vincent.D'Antonio@bisys.com

                    "Green, Simon"
                    <SGreen@krafte To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    urope.com> cc:
                    Sent by: IBM Subject: Re: SAN question
                    AIX Discussion
                    List
                    <aix-l@Princet
                    on.EDU>

                    06/26/2002
                    05:37 AM
                    Please respond
                    to IBM AIX
                    Discussion
                    List

We have *many* production, development and testing systems, all using the
same big RAID boxes, attached through the SAN. Your DBA is worrying
needlessly, (like DBAs do).

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments, contains information from PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.