Re: System Migration

From: Vincent D'Antonio (Vincent.D'Antonio@BISYS.COM)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 10:25:51 EDT

If going to the new system you have the need for more disk space, I would
re-create all my VG's, LV's and filesystems, take this opp to fix or move
or add any VG, LV, and FS. once all this is done I used this command to
transfer all data from one system to the other:

you should do this as root and have a .rhost in roots home on both systems.
This command will also save your owner and permission settings.

or if you have sysback you can use that.

HTH
Vince

*******PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS AND PHONE************

Vincent D'Antonio
Unix Systems Engineer
Bisys Retirement Services
200 Dryden Road
Dresher, PA 19025

phone: 215-648-8284
fax: 215-648-4888
e-mail: Vincent.D'Antonio@bisys.com

                    Robert Elliott
                    <elliott@LORMAN.A To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    LCORN.EDU> cc:
                    Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: System Migration
                    Discussion List
                    <aix-l@Princeton.

                    06/21/2002 09:48
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    IBM AIX
                    Discussion List

Hi,
I am soliciting all comments on a general plan to migrate an AIX 4.3.3
machine to another physical RISC machine.
Machine A has about 10 VG's and 30 PV's. Machine B is a new box. What is
necessary to get Machine A up and running on machine B? General steps.
Thanks in advance.

Robert