Gigabit adapter problem

From: Mariusz Gieparda/Poz/ComputerLand/PL (mgieparda@COMPUTERLAND.PL)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 15:47:31 EDT

Hi *,

The problem is: I can't ping the Gigabit adapter from the server and from
the network.
1. In this server there are other three 10/100 Mb adapters and they works
fine
2. The Gigabit adapter is connected to the switch via working cable.
3. The switch can see the MAC address of the Gigabit adapter, but can't
ping (both LEDs on the card and on the switch shows connection and some
activity)
4. netstat, entstat, ifconfig shows no problems.
I have changed the physical Gigabit adapter - no changes
I have removed the Gigabit adapter definition (also from ODM), cfgmgr, a
different IP address, and a different switch - no changes
I have changed the drivers for the Gigabit adapter from AIX 4.3.3 ML10
(previously ML08) - no changes.
Others adapters works fine, without problems. Errpt shows only something
like "possible cable disconnected" or similar.
Several days ago everything was fine.

Machine H80, AIX 4.3.3 ML08.

Any ideas before I'll restore from mksysb ?

Mariusz Max Gieparda