Re: XNTP

From: Dave.Zarnoch@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 11:06:46 EDT

Try changing 127.127.0.1 to something else like 127.127.0.4

Don't fire up xntpd on the client until after you execute ntpdate

Hope this helps....

DaveZ

                    "Jolet, John"
                    <John.Jolet@MISYSHEALT To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    HCARE.COM> cc:
                    Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Re: XNTP
                    Discussion List
                    <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>

                    06/20/2002 10:44 AM
                    Please respond to IBM
                    AIX Discussion List

I've got 3 ntp servers and 12 or so clients and it all works, but i'm
getting my time from the internet. Never tried it when the system is
getting the time internally....Have you read through the extensive docs at
www.ntp.org?