(no subject)

From: Raj Atwal (tatwal@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 15:22:25 EDT

I am trying to setup xntpd between 2 AIX servers, one
as the master and the other as the client. Yet when I
run ntpdate on my client, I get the following error.

19 Jun 15:13:50 ntpdate[32514]: no server suitable for
synchronization found

My boxes are less than 10 mins out as it stands now,
so I know it is not a problem whereby the time
difference is too large between server and client. I
dont want to use the setclock command as that is a one
off sync and does not use xntp.

Another strange thing is that I can get a win2000 box
using a xntp client to succuessfully bind and sync
with my AIX xntpd server. It just seems between aix
machines I get a problem. I have included my ntp.conf
for server/client.

SERVER config
server 127.127.0.1
#Drift file