Re: How to rename HDISKxx?

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 11:02:43 EDT

It is possible to configure a disk with a specific name, but I don't think
it's possible to rename an existing disk. The simplest thing would be to
delete all the SSA hdisks, and your new SCSI disk, and run cfgmgr again.

You _could_ try shuffling them: delete hdisk16 and hdisk17; run cfgmgr;
delete hdisk15 & 16; cfgmgr; etc. That'll eventually give you what you want
and you'll only have one SSA disk out at a time, which may be acceptable,
depending on your configuration.

Another option would be to delete hdisk1 and hdisk17, then run cfgmgr. This
will leave your SSA pdisks and hdisks out of step, though.

If it were me, I'd either live with it, or delete all the disks and
re-configure at the next convenient maintenance outage; it'll only take a
couple of minutes once the VG(s) are exported. No need to mess with them
physically: just "rmdev -dl hdiskXX".

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe