Re: How to rename HDISKxx?

From: justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 10:41:47 EDT

modify the odm, scary but it works!!!. I named my hdisks the name of my
girlfriend in the past. Pretty interesting when I told her I had to format
her, she didn't understand that.

--Justin Richard Bleistein

                    TIM MUELLER
                    <MUELLT@JFS.HAMILT To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                    ON-CO.ORG> cc:
                    Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: How to rename HDISKxx?
                    Discussion List
                    <aix-l@Princeton.E

                    06/18/2002 10:18
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    IBM AIX Discussion
                    List

I have a J50 with one internal SCSI drive, hdisk0, and 16 SSA drives,
hdisk1-hdisk16. I added a second internal SCSI drive, which,
understandably, became hdisk17. I would prefer the second SCSI drive to be
hdisk1 rather than hdisk17. Short of physically pulling the SSA drives &
running cfgmgr, is there any way to rename these drives? TIA.