[HPADM] L Class and N Class memory

From: Stan.Pietkiewicz@statcan.ca
Date: Tue Apr 01 2008 - 11:09:15 EST

We are in the process of retiring an N class server, but keeping an L class around as a development and test server. What we would like to do is move some of the memory out of the N into the L, since the L is a little light at 7.25 GB of RAM.

>From what I have been able to find on the web, the part numbers are different, but it appears the specs are the same. The ultimate question: Will RAM from the N class work in the L class?

Thanks....

Stan Pietkiewicz
613-951-5404 | facsimile / télécopieur 613-951-4087
Stan.Pietkiewicz@statcan.ca
Statistics Canada | 170 Tunney's Pasture Driveway Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Statistique Canada | 170, promenade Tunney's Pasture Ottawa ON K1A 0T6