[HPADM] UPS for C3700

From: Jim Turner (jim.turner@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 08:08:54 EST

Greetings,

I'm looking for a reasonably priced UPS (Battery Backup) for my C3700 -- a
consumer UPS that still has a serial port with signaling that is compatible
with the HP-UX upsd daemon.

Right now, I've got an APC Back-UPS 350 ES sitting between the C3700 and
commercial power. That will protect against sags, spikes, and very brief
outages, but it has precious little runtime and no means of signaling a
shutdown. This particular APC unit only has a USB interface which is
essentially useless. Although the C3700 has two USB ports, I believe HP-UX
will only recognize keyboards and mice via USB.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks,
Jim