[HPADM] Re: SUMMARY - Vpar -listing free devices

From: vinod kumar (vinodkumarmp@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 22:54:40 EST

Thanks to every one replied ,

In very short , there is no stright way to get a
normal ioscan output of the devices that are not
assigned to any vpar once you convert ( boot) the npar
in vpar mode .

AS per HP , best practice is to have a full ioscan
list in npar mode ,and plan the vpar's based that that
list .

If you don't have that , you will need the LBA-> slot
mapping for the respective server model . if you have
this , then vparstatus -A will give you the free LBA
number of the slot and find out the slot number from
LBA-> slot map .

Thanks
-vinod