[HPADM] RE: RE: HP-UX 11.23 hardware support list

From: Bill Hassell (bill@billhassell.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 19:25:57 EDT

The documentation is rather pitiful for obsolete servers. This page shows
you what *is* supported, mentions workstations are not supported but fails
to mention servers that are not supported (the D220 is a server). The
implied answer is that if it is not mentioned on this web page:
http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-2701/ch02s03.html then it isn't supported.
However, the complete answer is that no D-class server is supported, as well
as no K-class or T-class servers. The important distinction for 11.23 is
that it will not work on any system that is 32-bit only (like the D220), or
any system (like the D-270) that is 32/64 bit compatible. 11.23 is a 64-bit
OS only and also does not have any drivers for the high voltage FWD SCSI
disks in the D-class.

Bill