[HPADM] Problem with filesystem which can't be unmounted

From: Stocker, Nick (nick.stocker@logicacmg.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 06:57:40 EDT

I have a bit of a problem which I'd be interested to know if there's a
solution which doesn't require a reboot.

Basically I had a volume group with a single filesystem which was only
temporary but is now causing a problem.

It was using SAN attached LUNs for physical Volumes. The devices for
these LUNs have since changed due to a SAN switch change and now I have
a filesystem which the server still thinks is mounted (exists in mnttab)
and a volume group which is still active but I can't:

    unmount the filesystem or
    deactivate the volume group or
    export the volume group

This problem is causing bdf's to hang and if I try anything I get the
message "Warning: couldn't query physical volume" etc....

I understand WHY it's happened and I am assuming a reboot would remove
the filesystem from the mount table and then allow me to deactivate or
export the volume group but is there another way I can remove a
filesystem from mnttab ? I am guessing you cannot just edit this file.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Nick.