[HPADM] SUMMARY - OPC driver for HP-UX 11.11

From: Mohan Sundaram (Mohan_Sundaram@emitac.ae)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2007 - 02:19:04 EDT

Hi Folks,

This is the summary of the below query I had raised. I received only two
replies for the query. One was from Bill Hassell and another from Jeff
Lightner. I thank both of them for their time.

Bill's reply provided me a direction to look for what I was searching.
Though I finally concluded that the OPC driver is not available for
HP-UX, his mail provided details to look for and arrive at my
conclusion.

Below is the mail from Bill,
----Although HP was a leader in the process control industry with their
realtime computer called the HP 1000, there has been no attempt that I
know of (at HP) to port OPC to HP-UX. As you can see from the OPC
definition in Wikipedia:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLE_for_process_control

this is primarily a Microsoft initiative. There are mentions of Linux
and HP-UX at the OPC website:

   http://www.opcfoundation.org/

and the company TechnoSoftware AG seems to have a product.
such a group.

 With regards,
J.Mohanasundaram