[HPADM] Lvcreate and stripping

From: BAKHSHESH Kazem (BAKHSHEK@ESSILOR.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 11:19:04 EDT

Hi admins

In a stripping mode as I know, when there is no any Free PE, we have to
    destroy the PVG and recreate it again with the new disk
        or
    to add the disk to the PVG but the disk added this way would
    no more be stripped.

So and after man and others docs, I think we can use the stripping without
The use of lvmpvg.

Lets have the vg05 with 6 disks

lvcreate -L 100 -i 6 /dev/vg05
lvcreate -L 100 -i 6 -I 64 /dev/vg05

Which one is fine ?
Is it a good way to use stripping or I have to use lvmpvg ?

Cordialement(Best regards)
Kazem Bakhshesh(Administrateur Système : HP-UX)
E-Mail : bakhshek@essilor.fr
Tel : 01.72.94.73.09