[HPADM] V-2600 hang

From: Quinn, Bryan (Bryan.Quinn@CooperTools.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 15:08:33 EDT

I have been battling an intermittent issue for a couple of years now with one of our V-2600 servers. Every so often, sometime after our Sunday night reboot, the OS hangs. SAP/Oracle continue running fine but I am unable to login to the OS via the console or via telnet. I have even started opening a telnet session on my pc at my desk after each reboot. My thinking was that if it hung and I could not login, then I had a connected telnet session that I would be able to issue commands from…no such luck. Did not work, it did not respond to anything I typed.

HP has been unable to determine what is going on. The system does not panic, it just goes into the ozone and we have to power down the box. Luckily we are able to shutdown SAP & Oracle from within SAP.

Anybody have any experience with a situation like this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan Douglas Quinn
Manager, Data Center and UNIX
Cooper Power Tools - Lexington, SC