[HPADM] upgrade to 11i v1 from 11.00

From: Danny G Smith (Danny-Smith@omrf.ouhsc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 09:58:06 EST

I am in the process of determining the best way to upgrade our rp5430
box to 11i ver 1, as the the current raid drive will not work with 11i
ver 2. I have downloaded the documents that explain the upgrade. Now
for the problem, /stand only has 199 mb, and the documentation requires
304 mb. Is that a hard and fast number? It would really be best for me
to upgrade, rather than a cold install, as this is a mission critical
app, and I am not sure I can duplicate the install. The simplest thing
would appear to me to buy another coulple of disks, mirror them, and
copy the files over, and change the boot loader to the new disk. Is
this a possibility? I have not done this before with hp, as I work
primarily use linux. If you could point me to any howtos, or
whitepapers, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, and I will
summarize the response.