[HPADM] MCSG+RAC long distance on Redhat

From: Stefan Farrelly (stefan.farrelly@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 16:35:17 EST

Hi all,

anyone know when HP will support MCSG with "stretched Oracle RAC" or
long distance RAC on a 2-node Redhat Linux cluster (on HP Proliants)
over distances of say 15miles+ ? Currently we only use them single
site/short distance.

Currently HP started supporting this on HPUX only from Q3/Q4 last year
but trying to get info from them on when it would be supported on Linux
too is proving very difficult.

The only other alternative is using Oracle10G with OCW (instead of MCSG)
and we are already using this long distance on Redhat Linux clusters.

Cheers,

Stefan Farrelly