[HPADM] Any reasons to reboot after DST patch is installed?

From: Jeff Cleverley (jeff.cleverley@avagotech.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 16:39:35 EST

Greetings,

I have been watching the list with regards to DST and haven't seen
anyone come up with a reason to reboot the servers after installing the
patch. I know there are applications like databases, and things like
Java and C++ as mentioned on the HP web site.

Our servers are largely nfs data servers and do data check in via a
softcm or rcs. Everything we've seen so far is happy with whatever date
changes we make. Has anyone found anything in the basic OS that will
only read at boot time or need to be stopped and restarted?

Thanks,

Jeff