[HPADM] DST - Underlying (ctime/libc)

From: Joe Crawford (abjcrawford@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 07:09:13 EST

Greeetings!!!

Please help me understand the underlying functions of
the DST patches (libc). there should be a reason for
it to be under /usr/lib. One of the senior admins in
our group feels that it is merely pushing the time
forward and backward and nothing different. I thought
it was much more than that(libc routines)the general
feeling is that it only matters when the time is
pushed backwards (november change)(especially for
databases, SAP) and has no effect when the time is
pushed forward(as in March DST). Please Advise.

Thanks

Joe.