[HPADM] Sendmail and Domain of Sender address does not exist

From: Andrew Deters (adeters@arh.org)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2006 - 08:51:27 EST

All,

I need to remove the host name from the senders email address. When I
attempt to send an email from this box I receive the following error
message. In other words, our email server does not like that the hostname
is in the domain name of the senders email address. How do I get sendmail
to default to the domain.org format instead of hostname.domain.org?

>From the posts on the archives I have tried the following:

I set the DM macro to the domain name I would like.

I set the option UserDatabaseSpec and ran the command to create the
database.

I stopped and restarted the daemon.

This didn't work. It changed the return email address but not the senders
address.

Any help is appreciated and I will summarize.

Final-Recipient: RFC822; xxxxx@domain.org

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: DNS; xxxx.domain.org

Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 5.1.8 <root@hostname.domain.org>... Domain of
sender address root@hostname.domain.org does not exist

Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:20:14 -0500 (EST)

Thanks,

Andrew