[HPADM] Re: SUMMARY: Daylight Savings Time Changes

From: Thomas Northup (thomaslnorthup@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 22:10:04 EST

Admins, Does this patch only modify the tztab and will in work on 11.11? Thanks Tom Thanks to Steve = Hamilton who promptly responded with the patch PHCO_34673, which I = installed and appears to have done the trick. Thanks to others who = are still responding. You're a great bunch of admins! Original Post: As you may be aware the US government = has mandated a change in Daylight Savings Time. Starting in the spring = of 2007, daylight saving time (DST) start and end dates for the United = States will transition to comply with the Energy Policy Act of 2005. DST = dates in the United States will start three weeks earlier (2:00 A.M. on = the second Sunday in March) and will end one week later (2:00 A.M. on = the first Sunday in November). I have one machine running HPUX 11.0. = I'm wondering if anyone knows of a patch that modifies or replaces the = tztab file on our machines so this change will be transparent come = March? Last week I ran the online patch analysis and = downloaded/installed the recommended patches but the tztab file appears = unchanged. I believe I have enough experience to edit the file = myself, but I'd rather not use my time that way if it will be done for = us. Thanks to all, Larry Wood Allegro MicroSystems, Inc. CAD/CAE Systems Administrator Email: lwood@allegromicro.com