[HPADM] Volume Group Gone

From: Stephanie C (stepchung@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 13:20:42 EDT

I am scratching my head of trying to figure it out why my volume group on
N4000 hp-ux 11.11 was gone. It is vg01 (oracle db) on the va7100 SAN with
fiber connection through brocade switch. One morning suddenly the vg01 is
gone from the server. My syslog for that day is gone too, so I don't know
what happened to vg01 at the time. Hardware paths were fine. Does anyone
experience this problem? And why did it happen, what is the cause?

Here is the fix:

1. vgchange –ay /dev/vg01

…system complains about the disk device file (c9t0d1)

2. vgcfgrestore –n /dev/vg01 /dev/rdsk/c9t0d1

3. vgchange –ay /dev/vg01

4. reboot

Keep repeating step '2' for other disk device that system is complaining
when do vgchange command.

Step.