[HPADM] SUMMARY: Modem question

From: Yoho, Cindy (Cyoho@umpublishing.org)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 14:46:02 EDT

Thanks for the quick replies. There are a couple of different ways to
disable call in on the modem.

1. edit /etc/inittab and remove the getty entries for all but the
console

2. Do a CTRL-B to get into the GSP and then use the ER command to
enable/disable remote access via the modem. The setting LOCKED_OUT will
disable all dial in access

3. Go into the modem itself using CU, then disable auto answer with
ATSO=0 and AT&W to write the configuration.

Thanks to

Jay Duncan

Jordan Wiseman

James Perry