[HPADM] RE: -SUMMARY- Looking for ftp over ssl (ftps) product for HP-UX 11.0/11.11

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 10:40:09 EDT

Thanks to all that replied. Many suggested sftp (FTP over OpenSSH) but this is not an option. It must be ftps (FTP over SSL). Some also suggested some product on windows but I was trying to avoid that if possible. One suggestion was CURL found at (http://gatekeep.cs.utah.edu/). Another ftp-over-ssl (aka FTP/TLS) suggested was vsftpd ( http://vsftpd.beasts.org/ ). Other options were to use PGP or GPG to encrypt then transfer using normal FTP. Another was a link to this Perl module for doing FTP/SSL or TLS based FTP sessions. If can be found at
http://search.cpan.org/author/KRAL/Net-FTPSSL-0.04/FTPSSL.pm. Here is a link to another possibility: http://www.oldexchange.eclipse.co.uk/SFTPPlus/. Wu-ftp http://www.wu-ftpd.org/. Someone also mentioned that GNU WGET supports https non-interactively. Below are a couple of articles suggested by another helpful admin:

Check out these articles at ITRC:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1024621&admit=-682735245+1156266976273+28353475
and
http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000082655348

I think we have decided to look at a VPN private connection as another possibility. I appreciate all of your suggestions. I will attempt to try some of these in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix/Storage Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.