[HPADM] Problem with sd-ux using swlist as a normal user

From: daniel parkes (liquidsmail@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2006 - 07:55:53 EDT

Hy people,

Up to now in al my machines with a normal user i am able to do a swlist, i
have come up with one that wont let me swlist as a normal user:

swlist
# Initializing...
# Contacting target "ananke1"...
WARNING: Security access denied to file "//var/adm/sw/products/INDEX".
ERROR: "an1:/": You do not have the required permissions to
         perform this operation. Check permissions using the "swacl"
         command or see your system administrator for assistance. Or,
         to manage applications designed and packaged for nonprivileged
         mode, see the "run_as_superuser" option in the "sd" man page.

in any other machine with exactly the same user i can list the software.

I have killed swagentd, i have looked with swacl, but nothing , with both
users when i do a cat to /var/adm/sw/products/INDEX i get a permission
denied so its nothing to do with unix perms.

What else can i try any idea??

thnx!!