[HPADM] erasing disks

From: Yoho, Cindy (cyoho@umpublishing.org)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2006 - 16:01:07 EDT

Hi All,

What do you use to erase sensitive data when decommisioning disk drives? I have not had to do this but once before (we hang on to stuff!) and we just destroyed all the vgs and recreated them different sizes and using different physical volumes. Is there a low level formatting that I should use to be absolutely sure the data is no longer accessible? The drives are on a VA7410 direct attached to an rp7410 running HP-UX 11.11.

Thanks~
Cindy Yoho
United Methodist Publishing House
Nashville, Tennessee