[HPADM] boot over SAN

From: BAKHSHESH Kazem (BAKHSHEK@ESSILOR.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 09:16:58 EDT

Hi admins,

We use SAN and even if prefere booting from intrenal disks my bos
realize taht there must be some real advantage to boot over SAN.

I appreciate if you have the expriences about Boot HPUX over SAN.

Our environement is mix of
 HPUX : the differentes HP model(E,D,L,N, ....), EMC( Connectrix,
Symmetrix ) and MACDATA switch.

Questions:

1. If you're booting from SAN (or did in the past),
what problems/advantages did you encounter?

2. What SAN solution and fiber HBA combination were you using?

3. Does a particular SAN solution (EMC) make it easier/harder to implement
SAN
booting?

Cordialement(Best regards)

Kazem Bakhshesh(Administrateur Système : HP-UX)

E-Mail : bakhshek@essilor.fr <mailto:bakhshek@essilor.fr>

Tel : 01.72.94.73.09