[HPADM] How to remove a disk from VA7100

From: Sushil Kumar Gupta (sushil.gupta@hcl.in)
Date: Fri May 19 2006 - 08:42:30 EDT

Hello,

I have a VA7100 storage configured in Autoraid, and have spare capacity (not
allocated to LUNs) worth more than one disk size.
I want to remove one disk from the storage, without affecting the configured
LUNs and the existing functionality.

Can I simply pull out one disk (and replace it with an empty filler), and
hope that Autoraid will rebuild the used LUN's on the remaining disks ?

Or is it possible to "exclude" (reverse of what "auto-include" does) a disk
from the raid group using some admin command before removal. If so, can
someone give me the required commands.

Regards
Sushil