[HPADM] a couple of newbie questions.

From: daniel parkes (liquidsmail@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 10:10:31 EST

First question,

is there in hp-ux a tool, like chkconfig, rcconf that makes it easy to put
services into runlevels so they start and stop at boot shutdonw.

the second one is i am making once a month bootable tape backup with ignite
using:

/opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -P s -v -I -x inc_entire=vg00 -x
exclude=/var/tmp >> /tmp/bootable.out 2> /tmp/bootable.err

if my machine doesnt boot, what is the way to proceed, i have done the
install cdrom method and the launching ignite, but is it posible with this
boot tapes, to load from the pds using the pdc>boot /tape/path ??

thnx again