[HPADM] RE: -SUMMARY-sudo fails swconfig say corrupt

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 13:22:10 EST

Thanks to both Steve Illgen and Marc Ahrendt for there replies. I actually thought the answers where the same but notice Steve had state=installed and Marc had state=configured. Without noticing this I did the state=configured and this corrected the problem. Once again thank you both for your responses.

Steve Illgen:

The current state of the fileset is CORRUPT. You could manually try using swmodify to change the package state in the IPD to INSTALLED or CONFIGURED:

        swmodify -a state=installed sudo.sudo-RUN

Marc Ahrendt:

this is OK ...as you noticed sudio runs fine
        its just due to the SUID error seen in /var/adm/sw/swagent.log ...as
you also addressed

here is the step you need to do after installing sudo ...this is simply
telling the OS to accept the fileset as "configured" instead of "corrupt"

          swmodify -a state=configured sudo.sudo-RUN

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix/Storage Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.