[HPADM] RE: syslog and ftpd. [SUMMARY]

From: Hutchins, Greg (ghutchins2@selfregional.org)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 12:52:38 EST

Thanks to Marlou. This worked!

-----Original Message-----
From: Marlou Everson [mailto:Marlou.Everson@ventura.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:20 PM
To: Hutchins, Greg
Subject: Re: [HPADM] syslog and ftpd.

Did you modify /etc/syslog.conf with

*.info;mail.none;local5.none /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log
local5.info /var/adm/syslog/ftpd.log

Marlou Everson
marlou.everson@ventura.org

>>> "Hutchins, Greg" <ghutchins2@selfregional.org> 2/2/06 08:00 >>>

I am trying to send ftp messages to /var/adm/syslog/ftpd.log. I'm not
using tcp wrappers. In inetd.conf, I start ftpd -oil. I've tried
several different combinations in /etc/syslog.conf and the best I have
been able to do is get the messages to log in both syslog.log and
ftpd.log. Anybody have a successful configuration of syslog that is
not
sending ftp messages to /var/adm/syslog.log? We have an application
that has to use ftp and syslog.log is becoming unreadable. I guess
the
other option is to write a script and filter out ftp. TIA.

 Archives:  ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin       (FTP,
browse only)
            http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin   (Web, browse &
search)