[HPADM] Re: Boot from CDROM in HPUX 11

From: Kory Wheatley (wheakory@isu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 12:02:55 EST

The cd is Helix 1.7 and it wasn't created with ignite. Let me explain
what I'm doing. I have a USB external hard drive attached to my HPUX 11
b2000, "which I haven't been able to find doing an ioscan". I wanted
to create an image of my hpux 11 b2000 hard drive on the usb external
hard drive, but I can't boot up with this CD that contains the software
to do so.

Then I thought I would just do a "rsync, or cpio or dd" from my Internal
hard drive to the USB external hard drive, but it's not seeing the USB
drive, or I just don't know what I'm doing. It show the drive when I do
a Search at startup, but I don't see the device when I do a IOSCAN to
mount it.

Any Suggestions?